We are constantly striving to improve our programs according to your needs. Your feedback is essential in this process and always very welcome.
This time we are able to introduce three new functions in the Writing Lab. All three functions aim to make the Writing Lab run more efficiently and thus take up as little of your precious time as possible.
As of now you can...
- …delete multiple books at the same time.
- …change labels on multiple books at the same time.
- …copy books and book templates to other classes.
We will be happy to explain how this works in detail here.
1. Delete several books at the same time
Keeping things nice and tidy is always a good idea. Now you can selectively delete dated or unfinished books, without deleting the whole bookshelf of hard work. This can be done in one go with just a few clicks.
- In the bookshelf, select the two squares with checkmarks in the upper right corner.
- Select “Delete multiple books”.
- Select the books to be deleted with a checkmark.
- Click on “Delete book” at the bottom right.
2. Change labels for several books at the same time
Labels are also welcome helpers to keep track of the bookshelf and to find a book faster when searching for it.
It can happen that after an increase of books, the labels created earlier are no longer that useful. With the new feature, you can edit the labels of several books at the same time.
Label books by category for example:
- Learning journals
- Fairy tales
- Observation reports
- Recipes etc.
- At the top right of the bookshelf, select the two squares with ticks.
- Select “Edit labels for several books”.
- Select the books to be changed with a tick.
- Click on “Edit labels” at the bottom right.
- By clicking on the desired label, either remove it from all books or add it to all books.
- Remove labels from individual books by clicking on the cross.
If you want to create a new label, first create it in the bookshelf at the top right under “Label”.
3. Copy books and book templates to other classes
You have created great book templates in one class and now you have to start all over again with your new class? Don’t worry, with this new feature you’re in the clear. You can now copy your book templates into as many other classes as you like. This is not only an advantage when you take over a new class, but also for exchanging book templates with your colleagues.
In addition, if learners move to another class, the books created can be copied to the new class.
- Open the desired book and click on “Edit book”.
- Select “Copy book” at the bottom right.
- Select the desired classes to which the book is to be copied by ticking them.
- Select Copy book at the bottom right.
We hope you enjoy getting to know the new features and are sure that they will optimise your workflow with the Writing Lab.